The FEM Elevating Equipment Product Group was formed in 2004. The current members are the national associations of France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands and United Kingdom, and their manufacturing members, engaged in the design and manufacture of:
Dock Levellers; Lift tables; Tail lifts for vehicles
- Promoting and encouraging free communication between members and users of the products on all matters relating to the design, manufacture, supply and service of the products covered.
- Encouraging technical progress and safety in the field of the products.
- Harmonisation of legislation, standardisation and testing procedures at International and European levels to facilitate free trade.
- Assisting and advising relevant authorities, at national and European level, on all matters concerning the products covered
- Produce guidance documents to assist manufacturers, specifiers and users to select, use, service and maintain equipment in the safest way possible.
- Promote the use of CEN standards and encourage all stakeholders to actively engage in the drafting process.
- Evaluate and discuss all existing and proposed legislation that may impact on the design and use of equipment.
- Monitor proposals for new national regulations which would restrict the free movement of equipment.
- Promote the provision of effective market surveillance in all EU member states to prevent non-compliant equipment entering the EU market.
|FEM 11.001||Thorough examination of lift tables (5th edition)||02/2019|
|FEM 11.002||Thorough examination of dock levellers (4th edition)||02/2019|
|FEM 11.003||Safety on-around a vehicle loading area (2nd edition)||02/2019|
|FEM 11.004||Guidance on dock leveller selection (2nd edition)||12/2017|
|FEM 11.005||Vehicle restraining devices: safety and performance||06/2015|
|FEM 11.006||Ways to save energy in a Vehicle Loading Dock Area||10/2018|
|FEM 11.007||Standards summary||02/2019|
In addition, the following CEN technical standards are relevant to elevating equipment:
|EN 1570-1:2011+A1:2014||Safety requirements for Lifting Tables|
|EN 1398:2009||Safety requirements for Dock Levellers|
|EN 1756-1:2001||Platforms lifts for mounting on wheeled vehicles – safety requirements – part 1: tail lifts for goods|
|EN 1756-2:2004||Platforms lifts for mounting on wheeled vehicles – safety requirements – part 2: tail lifts for passengers|
France, Germany, Italy, The Netherlands and UK
John Meale, President
Rob Oliver, Secretary General
Association of Loading and Elevating Equipment, UK
Tel: +44 (0)20 8253 4504