The Cranes & Lifting Equipment Product Group brings together 3 types of equipment:
- Tower and harbour cranes
- Lifting and hoisting equipment
- Mobile cranes
The Product Group consists of members from Germany, Finland, France, Italy, Netherlands, Spain and Turkey.
- Provide a European forum to elaborate on technical and economic matters in collaboration with other organisations worldwide
- Represent members’ special interests
- Develop technical documents and guidelines at European level to promote technologies and expertise
- Issue statistics
- Provide information on the activities of the European Union and international bodies of direct relevance to the operations of its members
CEN/TC 147 – Cranes – Safety
CEN/TC 147 is active at European level in the development and maintenance of safety standards affecting the design, manufacture and information related to cranes.
ISO/TC 96 – Cranes
ISO/TC 96 is the relevant international standardisation body in the field of cranes and related equipment.
CECE is the EU organisation representing construction equipment manufacturer. CECE and FEM share competence regarding tower cranes: FEM deals with technical/standardisation matters whilst CECE looks after regulatory issues.
International Crane Stakeholders Assembly (ICSA)
ICSA consists of several organisations representing the crane industry: Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM), The Crane Industry Council of Australia (CICA), European Association of abnormal road transport and mobile cranes (ESTA), European Materials Handling Federation (FEM), Specialized Carriers & Rigging Association (SC&RA), China Construction Machinery Association (CCMA). ICSA’s mission is threefold:
- Facilitate information sharing and meaningful dialogue between crane industry stakeholders on safety, technical and regulatory issues of concern to the international crane industry.
- Provide an environment for, and encourage the creation of, significant networking opportunities between industry stakeholders and promote consensus positions on behalf of the crane industry on issues of common concern, so that ICSA members can make representation to relevant regulatory and/or standardisation bodies.
- Promote the harmonization of international standards.
ICSA Guidance Documents
See list of ICSA guidance documents on the Mobile Cranes page.
|PG CLE||Marking of Cranes, Hooks and Hook Blocks considering European Legislation||2022/03|
|PG CLE||Position Paper Assistance Systems on Cranes & Lifting Equipment||2023/10|
|Franz Schulte, President|
|Paul Zepf, VDMA, Product Group Secretary
Tel: +49 69 6603 1788