FEM Product Group Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWPs) is responsible for all matters concerning all types of Mobile Elevating Work Platforms, including:
- Self-propelled MEWPs
- Vehicle and Trailer Mounted MEWPs
- Manually operated MEWPs
- Accessories and components for the above
Within the structure of the FEM MEWPs Product Group, the Sub-Group Elevating Equipment (SG EE) is responsible for all matters concerning all types of Elevating Equipment, including:
- Dock Levellers
- Lift tables
- Tail lifts for vehicles
- Other associated Products for use in the loading and unloading area
See the SG EE web page for more details
- Promoting and encouraging free communication between Members and MEWPs users on all matters relating to the design, manufacture, supply and service of the products covered.
- Encouraging technical progress and safety in the field of MEWPs.
- Harmonisation of legislation, standardisation and testing procedures at International and European levels to facilitate free trade.
- Assisting and advising relevant authorities, at national and European level, on all matters concerning MEWPs.
The Product Group works on various projects:
- Produce guidance documents to assist manufacturers, specifiers and users to select, use, service and maintain MEWPs in the safest way possible.
- Promote the use of CEN standards and encourage all stakeholders to actively engage in the drafting process.
- Evaluate and discuss all existing and proposed legislation that may impact on the design and use of MEWPs.
- Promote the provision of effective market surveillance in all EU Member States to prevent non-compliant MEWPs entering the EU market.
The Product Group consists of 7 national committees: France, Finland, Germany, Italy, Spain, Turkey and the UK.
See section Publications – Technical Guidance, subsection Mobile Elevating Work Platforms
Guides for the identification of non-compliant MEWPs
The Product Group has issued guidelines to assess compliance of MEWPs with requirements covering engine exhaust emissions, diesel engine compliance, noise emissions and warning & marking.
|Luisa Parisotto (Terex), President|
|Andrea Pasquini (AISEM), Secretariat
Tel: +39.02 45418.531