The sub-group Tower and Harbour Cranes includes tower cranes, derrick cranes, floating cranes, site cranes, harbour and shipyard cranes, offshore cranes, container cranes, loading bays.
The current work items include:
- Machinery Directive 20016/42/EC
- Outdoor Noise Directive 2000/14/EC
CEN/TC 147 WG P 2 and ISO/TC 96 SC 7
The Product Group keeps close liaison with CECE, the Committee for European Construction Equipment, which is responsible for regulatory activities for the tower cranes industry.
See section Publications – Technical Guidance, subsection Heavy Lifting and Handling Equipment
Position papers & guidance
- Guidelines for considering tower crane loads on supporting structures (2014): EN
- Position paper – Lifetime of tower cranes (2013): EN
- Position paper – Lifting of people with tower cranes (2013): EN
- Guide for identification of non-compliant tower cranes (2011): AR, DE, EN, ES, FR, IT, RU
Matthias Hess, Manitowoc, President
Cosette Dussaugey, CISMA, Secretary
Tel: +33 1 47 17 63 21