Cranes & Lifting Equipment
Cranes and Lifting Equipment / Appareils et Equipements de Levage / Krane und Hebezeuge
The Product Group Cranes & Lifting Equipment has competence in the field of:
- Lifting Equipment (EOT) and Hoisting Equipment: overhead Travelling cranes all types, underhung travelling cranes, jib cranes, revolving column cranes, wall cranes, goliath cranes of all types, cranes equipped with series lifting equipment, electric hoists and winches, belt hoists, electric chain hoists, pneumatic hoists, manually controlled load manipulating devices.
- Tower and Harbour Cranes (THC): tower cranes, derrick cranes, floating cranes, site cranes, harbour and shipyard cranes, offshore cranes, container cranes, loading bays.
- Mobile Cranes (MC): lorry loader cranes and mobile cranes.
- Provide an European Forum to elaborate on technical and economical matters in collaboration with other organizations worldwide serving the same goal.
- Representation of special members’ interest.
- Development of technical documents and guidelines on European level (e.g. FEM documents and Position Papers) to promote technologies and expertise.
- Development of statistics.
- Provide information on the activities of the European Union and international bodies of direct relevance to the operations of reengineering to its members.
- PG Cranes & Lifting Equipment Plenary and Board
- Sub Groups: Lifting Equipment (EOT) and Hoisting Equipment; Tower and Harbour Cranes(THC); Mobile Cranes (MC).
Note: Merged from former FEM Section I Heavy Lifting Equipment, Section V Mobile Cranes and IX (partly) Series Lifting equipment on 11 September 2004, Dresden (Germany).
Companies actively involved in the Product Group
Work in Progress
- Tower and Harbour Cranes (THC) focuses on CEN/TC 147 WG P 2 and ISO/TC 96 SC 7, Machinery Directive 2006/ 42/ EC, Outdoor Noise Directive 2000/14/EC, CEN/TC 147 WG 2 and liaises with the Committee for European Construction Equipment (CECE) and ISO/TC 96 SC 7.
- Lifting Equipment (EOT) works on statistics for EOT and Hoisting Equipment, several FEM documents and focuses on CEN/TC 147-Cranes, CENT/TC 168, ISO/TC 96 and IEC standards which are of interest for the Sub Group, foreign standards, laws, rules, tax systems.
- Mobile Cranes (MC) focuses the mind on the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC, Outdoor Noise Directive 2000/14/EC, Engine Exhaust Emissions Directive 97/68/EC, Vibration Directive 2002/44/EC, Temporary work at Height Directive 2001/45/EC, road regulation, CEN/TC 147 WG P 1 and ISO/TC 96 SC 6 standards and liaises with American and Japanese Associations.
Free Technical Documents
|FEM 1.007||Recommendations to maintain Tower Cranes in Safe Conditions - English version, German version, French version||11/2003|
External Warning signals of the Rated Capacity Limiter, speed reductions and Event Recorder for mobile cranes - English version
|FEM 5.016||Guideline - Safety Issues in Wind Turbine Installation and Transportation - English version, German version, French version, Italian version, Spanish version, Portuguese version, Turkish version||02/2013|
Event Recorder – Specifications - Mobile Cranes according to EN13000 - English version
A brief guide for identification of non-compliant Mobile Cranes - marking of machinery, documents, features - English version
Guideline - hydraulic hoses on mobile cranes
Position Papers & Press Releases
|Tower Cranes Lifetime||12/2013|
|Lifting Persons with Tower Cranes||11/2013|
|N 0211||EN 13000 Cranes - Mobile Cranes: Standard to be published||04/2010|
|N 0219||Mobile Cranes - Influence of wind forces during crane operation||04/2010|
|N 0241||Putting Mobile Cranes on the Market||09/2010|
|N 0284||Lifting Persons with Mobile Cranes - English version||05/2011|
|N 0284||Lifting Persons with Mobile Cranes - German version||05/2011|
|N 0284||Lifting Persons with Mobile Cranes - French version||05/2011|
|N 0308||Overload Testing of Mobile Cranes||09/2011|
|N 0442||Guidance on Lifting Persons with Mobile Cranes (N 0284 - English version)||02/2012|
|N 0485||Mobile cranes: CE marking & engine emissions||02/2013|
|N 0513||Indication of stability limits in capacity charts of mobile cranes||12/2012|
|N 0521||Mobile cranes: Diesel emissions - retrofit of particulate filters||02/2013|
FEM 5.014 – “Guideline - External Warning signals of the Rated Capacity Limiter, speed reductions and Event Recorder for mobile cranes”; March 2013
FEM 5.018 – Guideline “Event Recorder – Specifications - Mobile Cranes according to EN13000 -”; March 2013
Mobile Cranes - External Warning Signals
Guide for Identification of Non-Compliant Tower Cranes and Mobile Cranes - details are available on the Market Surveillance page
Juha Erikkilä, Erikkilä (Finland)
Associations: France, Finland, Germany, Italy, Spain, Switzerland and Turkey.
Lyoner Strasse 18
DE - 60528 FRANKFURT/NIEDERRAD
|Tel||+49 69 6603 1500|
|Fax||+49 69 6603 1496|